About Popular Carpet Spotters
Many popular carpet spotters availble at grocery stores and hardware store may be effective at removing some spots – However we frequently see damage to fibers and color loss caused by these chemicals. Additionally many have toxic chemicals and are not suitable to be used around children and pets. We highly recommend that you follow the guide below or call us at 503-332-9046 for expert service.
Child and Pet Safe Spot Removal Guide
Removing spots from carpet can be simple or tedious depending upon the spot and how long it has been on the carpet. At times multiple applications of the spot removal solution, or a second solution is required. Listed below is a general spot removal procedure.
• Never use a circular motion to remove a spot as this destroys texture.
• Blot Stain with towel and approriate solution.
• Only use a white towel or paper towel to clean with (color towels can bleed).
• Spotting solutions from BioKleen can be found at Fred Meyer, Haggens Market, New Seasons or online.
Spots and Spills
If it is DIRT, and DRY -use BioKleen products Spray and Wipe cleaner, a general purpose cleaner which is safe for all carpets, rugs, upholstery, clothing, and all hard surfaces.
1. pick up with a dry paper towel or old terry towel. Then follow the instructions for dry.
If it is FOOD or a BEVERAGE of ANY kind, including wine, blood, coffee, tea, beer, egg, etc-
Urine, vomit, diarrhea –
1. absorb up or scoop up with a foxtail and dustpan all material possible.
Chewing gum –
Freeze the gum using an ice cube. Shatter the frozen gum with a knife handle and vacuum. If not successful please call Eco Clean at 503-332-9046. We have a special solvent for gum, tar, wax, paint, grease, etc. Do not attempt removal of these items.
1. Saturate spot with lemon juice, using a spray bottle, and allow to remain for 5 minutes or longer.
2. Apply Spray and Wipe cleaner and towel off. Repeat.
3. If this does not work, and it may not, call Eco Clean at 503-332-9046. Caution – Most rust removers purchased at grocery stores or hardware stores contain a very strong acid and are, therefore, not recommended.
Soot, graphite, copier toner –
1. Vacuum using crevice tool of vacuum cleaner to remove the soot.
2. If all, or most, of the soot has not been removed, call Eco Clean at 503-332-9046. If vacuuming has removed all particles go to step 1 of general procedure to remove any traces.
Lipstick, nail polish, and makeup –
do not attempt to remove, this can spread it and make difficult or impossible for the professional cleaner to remove. Call your professional cleaner as soon as possible.
Stains That Can’t Be Removed –
Acid toilet bowl cleaners, acne medication, alkaline drain cleaners, chlorinated bleaches, hair dyes, iodine, insecticides, mustard with turmeric, plant fertilizers and stains of this nature cannot be removed as they have permanently altered the carpet’s color. Most likely the only solution is to insert carpet from a closet, or some other area into the area where the spot was cut out.